Lacombe & District Family and Community Support Services is a non-profit organization dedicated to
strengthening and enhancing family and community life by offering locally based preventative and
supportive services, promoting volunteerism and coordinating partnerships within the community.
Our organization provides a wide range of services for all ages; children & youth, families, adults and seniors
and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
We are seeking energetic board members that bring new expertise, ideas and reflect the diversity of the
audiences we serve. Bring your knowledge and experience to the table to help lead Lacombe & District
Board Member Role and Responsibilities Include:
- Be a role model for Lacombe & District FCSS
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Contribute an average of 2-4 hours per month over a three-year term, starting in April 2012
- Willingness to sit on committees
- Attendance at monthly board meetings
- Support of special events and fundraising events
- Participates in the development of FCSS’s organizational plan and reviews and approves the
- Review the Board’s structure, approve, changes and prepare necessary bylaw amendments
- Monitor all Board policies
If you are looking to contribute your skills and experiences to our organization and have the desire to
enhance the well-being of individuals, families and the community, then a volunteer position on Lacombe
FCSS’s Board of Directors may be the right match for you!
To be considered for the Lacombe FCSS Board of Directors, please submit a letter/resume outlining
your interest and relevant experience to Lacombe & District FCSS Office by March 16, 2012.
Susan MacDonald, Executive Director
Lacombe and District FCSS
#201 5214 50 Ave
Lacombe AB T4L 0B6